This Easy Beef Shish Kebab recipe is the perfect recipe for entertaining and it’s delicious served with Mojo Verde.
So do you call it a Shish Kebab or Shish Kabob because it seems they are exactly the same thing? I grew up calling it a Shish Kebab.
So yesterday I sold you the virtues of Mojo Verde and here it is draping it’s deliciousness all over some Beef Shish Kebabs.
We eat mostly chicken in our household and steak only makes an appearance maybe once a week or fortnight. It’s also hubbys duty to cook the steak as I inevitably overcook it. These Beef Shish Kebabs though are so easy and I cook them all by myself 🙂
The Beef Shish Kebabs are marinated in just dry rub which I love because dry spices are so easy to keep on hand. Then it’s grilled to taste, smothered in Mojo Verde and happily devoured.
Perfect for every occasion
This Beef Shish Kebab recipe really is so versatile in how you can serve it as you can make everything ahead and then just cook on the grill for a few minutes when you’re ready.
- They’d make a fantastic appetiser or finger food for a party
- Serve up 2 or 3 as a brilliant meal for entertaining friends and family
- Great weeknight meal due to it being healthy, light and quick to make.
These really go down a treat. The meat it succulent and tender and also quick to cook and the Mojo Verde is herby and punchy and helps to cut through all that meatiness.
GET NEW RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX subscribe here.
In addition to new posts you’ll receive monthly newsletters, and a free ebook. Plus any other freebies I come up with along the way.
Easy Beef Shish Kebab recipe with Mojo Verde
This Easy Beef Shish Kebab recipe is the perfect recipe for entertaining and it's delicious served with Mojo Verde.
- 1 kg porterhouse (sirloin) steak (rump also works)
- 1/2 red capsicum bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 small red onion cut into chunks
- 2 cups (a big bunch) coriander
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or wine vinegar or or lime juice) (notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green chilli, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/4 avocado (optional)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix together the dry rub ingredients and rub all over both sides of the steaks. Put them in the fridge, covered, for at least 2 hours. Take out of the fridge 1/2 an hour before cooking.
For the Mojo Verde
Place all ingredients (except the oil) in the bowl of a food processor. With the processor on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until all combined.
For the beef shish kebabs
Soak bamboo skewers for at a least 1/2 an hour before cooking
Cut the steak into large cubes (about 1.5 inches square).
Thread the steak onto bamboo skewers, alternating with capsicum and onion
Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, then add the skewers a few at a time. Turn the skewers often and cook them for about 5-7 minutes (depending on how well done you like your steak).
Serve with salad and the mojo verde sauce.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoons (4 teaspoons worldwide)
- Make sure to soak the bamboo skewers for at a least 1/2 an hour before cooking