You’ll never find an easier dessert than this 3 ingredient oreo mousse. With just oreos, cream and sugar, you can be indulging in this irresistible cookies and cream mousse in no time.
Want to know the best part/s?
- Flavour – it tastes amazing, like super creamy oreos
- The texture – soft and fluffy
- Quick – It takes about 10 minutes to make
- No Bake – there is no baking or cooking involved at all
- For anyone – even the kids can make it
- Make ahead – 2-3 days ahead of time, yes please
What you’ll need
As the name suggests, you’ll only need 3 simple ingredients. Find the full quantities in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Oreos: A must have but you can use whatever flavour oreos you like. They’ll all work.
- Cream: Thickened cream or you may know it as heavy cream. It needs to be full fat to whip up properly.
- Icing (powdered) sugar: Just a small amount as the cookies already contain sugar. Using icing / powdered sugar will blend into the cream much better.
How to make oreo mousse
This super easy recipe will only take about 10 minutes of your time – you don’t even have to blend the cookies to crumbs.
- Place the cookies in a bowl and cover with cream.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Use an electric hand mixer to whip it up and watch it magically transform into oreo mousse right in front of your eyes.
- Once it’s whipped, add the sugar and mix until it’s fully combined.
- Pipe it into jars. You can serve it immediately or leave it in the fridge until required.
What I really love about this quick treat is there is no need to blend the cookies to crumbs or remove the cream filling, just roughly chop them then pile them into a bowl and cover with cream. Overnight, in the fridge, the oreos will soften and the next day they’ll whip up to perfection.
I love a recipe I can tweak and even though this has only a few ingredients, you can still change it up.
- Oreos: You can use any oreo flavour you like. Many other cream-filled cookies will also work.
- Vanilla: add a teaspoon of vanilla for extra flavour
How to store them
I like to serve this oreo mousse in these little Weck preserving jars. The bonus with these, is you can make them ahead and keep them covered with their glass lids until you need them.
Store the individual servings of mousse, covered, in the fridge for 3-4 days.
These cannot be frozen and thawed, though you can freeze them and eat them from frozen.
More oreo recipes you’ll love
- Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes with Oreo Buttercream
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake [+ Video]
- Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Blondies
- Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes and my All About Chocolate ebook!
3 Ingredient Oreo Mousse
- 1 ½ sleeves oreos (21 cookies)
- 2 cups cream (500ml / 16.9 fl oz)
- 2 tablespoons icing (powdered) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- handheld electric beater
- Roughly chop 14 oreos and place them in a bowl. Pour the cream over the top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- For the top and base, put aside 4 oreos and crush or finely chop the rest.
- Place the crushed oreos into the 4 serving glasses.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat the cream and oreos mixture until smooth and whipped. Add the the sugar and vanilla and beat through.
- Divide between the glasses and place back in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Add an oreo to the top of each when you serve.
Technique by How to Cook That.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.