Let me tell you and imagine if you will, gorgeous peanut butter muffins straight from the oven – the heavenly smell wafting around the kitchen, each one full of oozy, still warm choc chips. If that’s not a reason to make these right now, I don’t know what is.
I assume you made it here because you love the thought of chocolate and peanut butter wrapped up in a muffin. Whether for breakfast or just a snack, these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins are one of my favourites.
Oh, and feel free to break one open and drop a nice portion of butter on top for pure buttery, peanutty, chocolatey heaven.
How to make them
A wonderful thing about these peanut butter muffins (like most) is they are incredibly easy to throw together. Seriously! Making muffins from scratch takes minutes!
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a second bowl
- Combine them thoroughly
- Divide the batter among a 12 hole muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes
And then after all that you can eat them warm or let them cool. Options!
Can you freeze muffins?
You can freeze muffins – just make sure they’re in an airtight container and they’ll keep well in the freezer for 2-3 months. Go the extra mile and wrap each one individually in plastic wrap first and they’ll keep even better.
The best bit about a frozen muffin is reheating it makes it all soft and fluffy again and tastes just as good as when it was first baked.
Customise your muffins
- The peanut butter – you could use crunchy peanut butter to add a little crunch
- Peanut butter jelly muffins – add jam in the centre like my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Crunchy top – add some streusel to the top like these Coffee Cake Muffins
- Choc chips – use white chocolate chips for something a bit different
- Other nut butters – you can substitute the peanut butter for almond butter to make or even try cashew butter or others you may like to use.
Are you planning a treat breakfast or brunch this weekend because these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins are just the ticket. Soft, light but filled with flavour, everyone will want one.
More muffin recipes you’ll love
- Pistachio Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Coffee Cake Muffins
- Healthy Nutty Cinnamon Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Jam-filled Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
Send Me Recipes!
Get the latest recipes recipes and my my All About Chocolate ebook!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins
- 260 g plain (all-purp) flour (2 cups / 9.2oz)
- 200 g light brown sugar (1 cup packed / 7oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (180g / 6.4oz)
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ⅔ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the choc chips and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin holes (to about ¾ full)
- Bake for around 20 minutes, turning the tray half way through, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (you'll have to try to miss the choc chips though)
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
- All ovens vary - check for doneness 2-3 minutes before the recipe suggests
- I use a medium ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.