Making muffins from scratch is simple and this Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins recipe is the perfect one to get you started. Fluffy, light and easy to make you can have these ready in 30 minutes.
I assume you made it here because you love the thought of chocolate and peanut butter wrapped up in a muffin. Whether for breakfast or just a snack, these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins are one of my favourites.
Let me tell you and imagine if you will, gorgeous peanut butter muffins straight from the oven – the heavenly smell wafting around the kitchen, each one full of oozy, still warm choc chips. If that’s not a reason to make these right now, I don’t know what is.
Oh, and feel free to break one open and drop a nice portion of butter on top for pure buttery, peanutty, chocolatey heaven.
How to make peanut butter muffins
The other wonderful thing about these peanut butter muffins (like most) is they are incredibly easy to throw together. Seriously! Making muffins from scratch takes minutes!
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a second bowl
- Combine them thoroughly
- Divide the batter among a 12 hole muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes
And then after all that you can eat them warm or let them cool. Options!
Can you freeze muffins?
Absolutely you can, just make sure they’re in an airtight container and they’ll keep well in the freezer for 2-3 months. Go the extra mile and wrap each one individually in plastic wrap first and they’ll keep even better.
The best bit about a frozen muffin is reheating it makes it all soft and fluffy again and tastes just as good as when it was first baked. Don’t forget to add a little butter to the top too.
- The peanut butter – you could use crunchy peanut butter to add a little crunch
- Peanut butter jelly muffins – add jam in the centre like my Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Crunchy top – add some streusel to the top like these Coffee Cake Muffins
- Choc chips – use white chocolate chips for something a bit different
- Other nut butters – you can substitute the peanut butter for almond butter to make almond butter muffins or even try cashew butter or others you may like to use.
Are you planning a treat breakfast or brunch this weekend because these Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins are just the ticket. Soft, light but filled with flavour, everyone will want one.
MORE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- Pistachio Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Coffee Cake Muffins
- Healthy Nutty Cinnamon Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
- Jam-filled Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Caramel Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Muffins
- 130 g (1 cup / 4.6oz) plain (all-purp) flour
- 130 g (1 cup / 4.6oz) wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 3/4 cup (150g / 5.3oz) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking (bicarb) soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons demerara (turbinado) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin or silicon muffin tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the choc chips and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin holes and then sprinkle the demerara sugar over the tops.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, turning the tray half way through, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (you'll have to try to miss the choc chips though)
- Eat immediately or wait until cool.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.