Making muffins from scratch is so easy and these Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins have stacks of flavour too.
I don’t cook nearly enough muffins. Up to now and after 172 recipes, I only have 1 other muffin recipe in this blog. They’re good too – Healthy Nutty Cinnamon Muffins. It’s not that I don’t like them, I definitely do so why do sparse?
I also only have one other recipe using peanut butter – Peanut Butter Chocolate Peanut Bars. I have a semi-good reason for that though. As all my creations end up going to my colleagues at work, I’m always nervous I’m going to poison someone who might be allergic to peanuts. Oh of course I could just write a big note saying “CONTAINS PEANUTS” but what if the note goes missing. Ugh! Paranoia! Easier not to use peanut butter. Sadly, it just gets reserved for my toast in the morning.
Well it’s time to fix all of that today with these Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins. I’m throwing caution to the wind (what a rebel I am).
Filled with, well, choc chips and peanut butter, these muffins are divine!
Maybe I don’t cook muffins much because I don’t quite know where they fit in. I mean, people eat them for breakfast but isn’t that essentially having cake for breakfast? And then when it comes time to eat actual cake I’m more likely to go for cake loaded with frosting.
No more! These Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins have taught me that I really love muffins. That’s not a stretch for me. I mean if it’s sweet and baked, chances are I’ll love it. Plus then you throw in choc chips and peanut butter and, well, I’m sold.
Making muffins from scratch takes minutes!
The other wonderful thing about these muffins (like most) they are incredibly easy to throw together. Seriously! Making muffins from scratch takes minutes!
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a second bowl
- Combine them thoroughly
- Divide among your 12 hole muffin tin
- Bake for 20 minutes
And then after all that you can eat them warm or let them cool. Options!
Let me tell you, Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins straight from the oven smell heavenly and are full of oozy, still warm choc chips. If that’s not a reason to make these right now, I don’t know what is.
Have you tried this recipe? Rate it below or comment with any questions or thoughts.
GET NEW RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX subscribe here.
In addition to new posts you’ll receive monthly newsletters, and a free ebook. Plus any other freebies I come up with along the way.
- 1 cup (130g) plain (AP) flour
- 1 cup (130g) wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking (bicarb) soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g (1 cup) dark choc chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 teaspoons demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin or silicon muffin tray and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the choc chips and mix it well.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until well mixed.
- Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin holes and then sprinkle the demerara sugar over the tops.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, turning the tray half way through, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (you'll have to try to miss the choc chips though)
- Eat immediately or wait until cool.
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).