These cute Mini Jam Donut Muffins are a two bite donut in muffin form. Covered in cinnamon sugar and filled with jam, these donut muffins are mixed in one bowl and bake in less than 10 minutes.
Don’t you just love a mini dessert that you can have all to yourself and everyone loves donuts right? (rhetorical question). Well, I think I’ve combined the best of both worlds here in a quick mix muffin.
Not sold yet? Are you for real? These Mini Jam Donut Muffins are just like a donut hole filled with jam but there’s no oil in sight and no need for deep frying. Do I have your attention now?
Other recipes you might like
Why you’ll love this Mini Jam Donut Muffins recipe
- Bite sized and totally delicious
- An easy cinnamon sugar coating
- One bowl to mix
- No fancy equipment
- Baked not fried
- Baked in under 10 minutes
- Fill them with whichever jam you like
How to make donut muffins
This recipe is adapted from my Cinnamon Baked Cake Donuts and is just as simple to make. All you need is a mini muffin pan and a bowl to get started. Oh, and some basic ingredients.
- Start by mixing together some dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all your wet ingredients on top and give it a good mix.
- I use a mini cookie scoop to portion it out into a greased and floured mini muffin tin but you can just use a spoon. Bake them for 9 minutes.
- Once you can free them from the muffin tin, thrown them back in the bowl and drizzle over some melted butter. Give them a stir around so they all get coated before sprinkling over cinnamon sugar and mixing again.
- Now just use a small sharp knife to cut little holes in the top and fill them with jam. I like to use a squeeze bottle to save on mess but again, you can just use a spoon. That’s it. Devour at will
Jam: Use any jam flavour you like or even Nutella, peanut butter or dulce de leche. Or don’t use anything and serve them as is.
Sugar: I use plain white sugar in this recipe but you can use brown sugar for a richer flavour.
So are you craving cinnamon sugar donuts in muffin form yet? I know I am and since they’re so quick to make, I might just go and make another batch right now.
Other recipes you might like
Mini Jam Donut Muffins
- Mini muffin tin
- 130 g (1 cup / 4.6oz) plain (all-purp) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temp
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 3 tablespoons (45g / 1.5oz) unsalted butter, melted (notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caster (superfine) sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup jam
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Grease and flour a mini muffin tin.
- Dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Wet ingredients: Add the buttermilk, egg, 2 tablespoons of melted butter and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin holes (I like to use a small cookie scoountil about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 9 minutes - a toothpick should come out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes.
- Coat them: Transfer them to a bowl, drizzle over the last tablespoon of melted butter and give them a mix so they all get coated. Now sprinkle over the combined sugar and cinnamon and mix them again.
- Fill them: Cut small holes in the top of each muffin and fill each with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon (equivalent to 4 teaspoons worldwide)
- For best results, you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.