These Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies are rich and chewy and loaded with cranberries and white chocolate chips. They make a wonderful Christmas treat too.
(Photos updated 13th January, 2018)
What are blondies?
These Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies are like the little sister of that favourite treat, the chocolate brownie. I have loads of brownies on this blog like my trusty Choc Chip Chocolate Fudge Brownies, Black Forest Brownies and Fererro Rocher Brownies to name a few but I think it’s time to bring blondies into the limelight for a moment.
Blondies should be chewy and have a slight crispness on the edge. They’re very sweet and super quick and easy to make. I’ve used both white and dark brown sugar in my blondies. The brown sugar gives them a real caramel flavour and colour and also increases the chewy factor.
Easy to make you say?
Just like brownies, these Cranberry White Chocolate Brownies are very easy to make. There is no creaming together butter and sugar here. Just mix your wet ingredients, including melted butter, then add your dry ingredients, finishing with the cranberries and white chocolate. The batter is poured into an 8×8 inch square tin and baked for 25 minutes and voila! Your blondies are done. The best part? You can eat them warm so no need to wait for them to cool down. Add some ice cream on top and you’re done.
More Blondie recipes you’ll love
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Macadamia Caramel Blondies
- White Chocolate Malted Milk Blondies
- Oreo Blondies
White Chocolate & Cranberry Blondies
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g), dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) plain (AP) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Line an 8x8 inch square baking tin with baking paper.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla together. Beat until fully combined.
- Add the egg and beat well, scraping down the sides and base of bowl at least once, to make sure everything is combined well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Add in 3 parts to the wet ingredients, mixing between each addition until just combined.
- Use a spoon to fold through the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Tip the batter into the lined tin and spread out as evenly and level as possible. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for at least 15 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
(Cranberry White Chocolate Blondies were originally published on 30th October 2015. Post, photos, links and recipe all completely updated on 13th January, 2018)
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.