With my love for rocky road and the flavour of biscoff, it was only a matter of time before this biscoff rocky road came to life. It’s soft, chewy and crunchy all at once and it’s just so simple to make.
Why you’ll love this biscoff rocky road recipe
- Takes just 10 minutes to make
- Sweet and indulgent
- Loaded with biscoff flavour
- Portable and perfect for gifting too
Biscoff lovers, you’re going to really enjoy this biscoff rocky road. Not only is there chunks of biscoff cookies but also biscoff spread mixed right into white chocolate for a fabulous chocolatey, biscoffy base.
Want more rocky road ideas? Try this Malteser rocky road .
Ingredients you’ll need
Biscoff rocky road is made up of 7 ingredients and one of my favourite things about rocky road in general is the ability to customise it just the way you like. I’ve given options below.
Detailed quantities and directions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- White chocolate: I use white chocolate in this recipe as it’s the chocolate that best allows the biscoff flavour to shine.
- Biscoff cookies: The cookies are broken up into small pieces and mixed throughout the rocky road as well as on top.
- Biscoff spread: I use the smooth biscoff spread but you could use the crunchy too. It gets mixed straight through the melted chocolate to create biscoff chocolate. Amazing!
- Marshmallows: Rocky road isn’t rocky road without marshmallows. I use just white ones in this so that the berry flavour in the pink ones doesn’t clash with the biscoff flavour.
- Cinnamon: This is optional but it just amps up the biscoff flavour.
- Nougat: I always like a nice chewy component in my rocky road so for this one I added nougat. The flavour, including the nuts in the nougat, go beautifully with biscoff.
- Butter: All you need is unsalted butter to add to the chocolate base.
I drizzled a little dark chocolate over the top of mine at the end for contrast. You’ll only need about 10g of chocolate but sometimes it’s easier to have a larger amount to drizzle.
You could also warm up a little biscoff spread in the microwave and drizzle that over instead.
Equipment you’ll need
- A large microwave safe mixing bowl
- An 8×4 inch loaf tin
How to make biscoff rocky road
If you’ve ever made rocky road before, you know how quickly it comes together.
See the recipe card below for the full recipe details.
- Make the base: Add chocolate, butter and biscoff spread to a large microwave safe bowl (photo 1) and heat in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted (photo 2).
- Add the mix ins: Add biscoff cookies, marshmallows and cinnamon (photo 3) and stir to combine, then tip it into your lined tin (photo 4).
The biscoff rocky road will take a couple of hours to firm up in the fridge. Once it does, just remove it from the tin and peel away the paper, before cutting into slices or chunks.
Tips and tricks
- Don’t overheat the chocolate: When melting the chocolate, make sure you give it a good stir between each 30 second microwave blast. This will ensure you don’t overheat it which can cause the chocolate not to set properly.
- Pack in the marshamallows: Make sure when you measure out the marshmallows that you really pack them into your cup measure.
- Mix well: Mix the ingredients together really well, so everything is well coated.
- Double it up: You can easily double this recipe and set it in a 20cm / 8 inch square tin instead.
The rocky road formula
I have a formula for creating a great rocky road. A good recipe should have chocolate, of course, but also textures of soft, chewy, crunchy and crispy.
This biscoff rocky road hits all those marks – white chocolate, marshmallows (soft), nougat (chewy), biscoff cookies (these are both crispy and crunchy).
How to store it
Store this in an airtight container in the fridge or even freezer for 3-4 weeks, sometimes longer. Rocky road can generally keep for as long as the earliest expiration date on any of the ingredients used in it.
If you try this biscoff rocky road recipe, please take a moment to leave a rating and comment below. I love hearing from you and it helps other readers too! You can also take a photo and tag @sugarsaltmagic on Instagram.
More recipes you’ll love
- Biscoff fudge
- Biscoff Brownies
- Caramel Peanut Fudge
- Caramel White Chocolate Rocky Road
- Easy Rocky Road
- Caramel Chocolate Marshmallow Cookie Bars
- Malteser traybake
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes and my All About Chocolate ebook!
Biscoff Rocky Road
- 180 g white chocolate (1 cup)
- 28 g unsalted butter (2 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup Biscoff spread (70g)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 packed cup medium-sized marshmallows
- 10 lotus Biscoff cookies, broken into pieces
- 40 g soft nougat
- 8×4 inch loaf tin
- Line an 8×4 inch loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine the chocolate, butter and Biscoff spread in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring well between each, until just melted together.
- Add the marshmallows, most of the cookies the nougat and the cinnamon.
- Top with more cookie pieces and chill for 2-3 hours to set.
- Optional: drizzle over a little melted chocolate.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.