These Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles have an intense strawberry flavour in a little chocolate treat. The best part? This recipe only uses 3 ingredients and truffles make such a great gift too.
Not sure how it’s here already but Valentines Day is coming up. Have you thought about making any yummy dessert or treats for that someone special yet? I have and these Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles are an absolute winner.
- 3 ingredients
- 20 minutes effort
Seriously! Of course there’s a little bit of refrigeration time too but why buy a box of chocolates when it’s so easy to make something beautiful and unique from scratch. When it’s this easy, it’s actually quicker than shopping for a gift. I’m not sure about you but I’ll take a homemade gift any day over a box of store bought choccies.
Ingredients in homemade truffles
Just like my Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffles and these gorgeous Toffee Pecan Chocolate Truffles, these delectable little treats use very few ingredients, in fact these Strawberry Truffles use only 3 ingredients and are even easier to make.
- White chocolate
- Freeze dried strawberries
That is all! The trick is in the freeze dried strawberries. They’re shelf stable, available any time of the year and being that all the moisture has been removed they have an intense and concentrated strawberry flavour.
They couldn’t be more perfect for these homemade chocolate truffles. Because the strawberries totally dried, there is no moisture to mess with the texture of the ganache centre at all. You’re just adding powdered strawberries which mixes through the ganache perfectly and leaves you with an intense strawberry flavour. The perfect little sweet treat for that someone special in your life.
Quick tip! Don’t leave freeze dried fruit out in the air as they will soften. It won’t matter too much for this recipe but if you’re eating the strawberries separately you’ll want them nice and crispy.
How to make chocolate truffles
This is the best part as homemade chocolate truffles are incredibly quick and easy to make.
- Heat some cream
- Pour it over your finely chopped chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes
- Stir the chocolate and cream until it turns into smooth ganache
- Then mix through any flavourings (in this case, freeze dried strawberries).
- Let the ganache set a little, then roll it into balls and coat it in melted chocolate
The only difficult part about truffles is waiting for them to set.
How to store chocolate truffles
These strawberry truffles will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Anyway, go make your special someone a batch of these Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles and make sure to be there when they receive them so you can grab a couple for yourself.
- Homemade Strawberry Milk
- Hazelnut Praline Chocolate Truffles
- Toffee Pecan Chocolate Truffles
- Strawberry Chocolate Petit Fours
Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles
- 300 g white chocolate chopped finely
- 1/3 cup 80ml thickened cream
- 30 g freeze dried strawberries crushed
- 200 g white chocolate extra, for coating
- Heat the cream over low heat, stirring, until bubbles start to appear.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave it for 5 minutes before stirring to a smooth ganache.
- Add the crushed freeze dried strawberries and stir through.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll balls of about 2 teaspoons worth of ganache.
- Melt the extra chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave, making sure to stir well between each.
- Use two forks to dip and roll the ganache balls in chocolate and set on a baking paper covered plate in the fridge to set.
- You shouldn't need all the extra white chocolate for coating but it helps to have more than you need when coating.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.