These Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles have an intense strawberry flavour in a little chocolate treat.
Umm, hello, you out there, it’s Valentines Day tomorrow. Have you thought about making any yummy dessert or treats for that someone special yet? I have. Of course. That’s all I do.
If not, don’t worry. I’ve thought of one for you and it’ll only take you 20 minutes (plus some refrigeration time). Seriously!
Today we’re making Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles. Can you guess what’s in them??
- White chocolate
- Freeze dried strawberries
That is all!
I love cooking but sometimes I really want a simple recipe. Just throw together a few ingredients and bam!, dessert is served and look how pretty these are.
The trick is in the freeze dried strawberries
I used freeze dried strawberries in these easy chocolate truffles, as I didn’t want the excess moisture from fresh strawberries. Have you ever tried freeze dried fruit? I keep small packs of these in my pantry and eat them when I need a sweet snack without increasing my waistline. They’re just strawberries, nothing else so during the week when I’m trying to be good (because I know what I’ll be eating on the weekend), freeze dried fruits come in very handy.
And they couldn’t be more perfect for these homemade chocolate truffles. Because they are totally dried it there is no moisture to mess with the texture at all. You’re just adding powdered strawberries which mixes through the ganache perfectly and leaves you with an intense strawberry flavour. The perfect little sweet treat for that someone special in your life.
Quick tip! Don’t leave freeze dried fruit out in the air as they will soften. It won’t matter too much for this recipe but if you’re eating the strawberries separately you’ll want them nice and crispy.
How to make chocolate truffles
This is the best part as homemade chocolate truffles are incredibly quick and easy to make.
- Heat some cream
- Pour it over your finely chopped chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes
- Stir the chocolate and cream until it turns into smooth ganache
- Then mix through any flavourings (in this case, freeze dried strawberries).
- Let the ganache set a little, then roll it into balls and coat it in melted chocolate
The only difficult part about truffles is waiting for them to set haha.
Anyway go make your special someone a batch of these Strawberry White Chocolate Truffles. They’ll be ready long before dessert time tomorrow.
- 300 g white chocolate - chopped finely
- 1/3 cup 80ml thickened cream
- 30 g freeze dried strawberries - crushed
- 200 g white chocolate - extra, for coating
- Heat the cream over low heat, stirring, until bubbles start to appear.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave it for 5 minutes before stirring to a smooth ganache.
- Add 15g (3/4) of the crushed freeze dried strawberries and stir through.
- Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll balls of about 2 teaspoons worth of ganache.
- Melt the extra chocolate in 30 second increments in the microwave, making sure to stir well between each.
- Use two forks to dip and roll the ganache balls in chocolate and set on a baking paper covered plate in the fridge to set.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.