A crunchy, rice bubbles / rice krispie base that’s glued together with melted snickers, honey and butter – umm yes please. But that’s not all. It’s finished off with chewy caramel and chocolate. I can tell you from experience near on impossible to stop at one slice of No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake.
Love caramel? Try these Chocolate Flapjacks or these Salted Caramel Tartlets.
I really love textures in food and this recipe, simple as it may be, has that in spades. Biting through that crispy base and soft oozy caramel is just bliss. Then the flavour just makes them totally addictive.
I love a good no bake recipe and this one is an absolute winner but you could also try this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake or maybe you’d like another slice like this No Bake Cherry Ripe Slice
With my Snickers Dip post from last week and that No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from the week before it seems like both Snickers and super-simple no bake recipes are on my mind of late.
What Is A Crispy Cake?
Also known as a rice krispie treats, crispy cake is a combo of rice bubbles or rice krispies (depending on where you are in the world) and normally marshmallow.
Sometimes chocolate and other add-ins are added to create fun and delicious treats irresistible to kids (and many adults too).
You can make it round and cut it in slices like you would a literal cake or for simplicity, make it in an 8×8 inch baking tin and cut it into squares.
These rice krispie treats have no marshmallow, instead using the snickers and butter to set them into a firm slice. All you need is less than ½ an hour and 7 simple ingredients;
- Rice bubbles
- Milk chocolate
How To Make Snickers Crispy Cake
- Start by melting together some snickers bars, butter and honey.
- Add it all to a bowl of rice bubbles and mix it up good.
- Press it into an 8×8 inch square baking tin and place it in the fridge to set.
- Make an easy caramel and melt some chocolate, then layer them on top of the rice bubbles base and let it set for 2 hours in the fridge.
The hardest part of this snickers slice is waiting for it to set – oh and possibly holding yourself to one piece.
- Snickers: This No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake is my change up on the well known Mars Bar Slice. If you prefer Mars Bars to Snickers you can just swap them out and make a good old mars bar slice instead.
- Add-ins: try anything from smarties, to m&ms, nuts, chocolate chips, reeses peanut butter cups etc. Just pick your favourite treats and throw them in.
No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake is a fun weekend treat to make and one you can get the kids involved with too. Make two batches though – one is never enough.
More Easy No Bake Recipes
No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake
- 3 cups rice bubbles (rice krispies)
- 5 snickers bars, roughly chopped (50g / 1.8oz each)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (57g / ½ stick)
- 1 tablespoon honey (notes)
- 250 g chewy caramels (notes, 8.8oz)
- ¼ cup thickened (heavy) cream
- 200 g milk chocolate, roughly chopped (1 cup)
For best results, always weigh ingredients where a weight is provided
- Grease and line an 8x8 inch baking tin with baking paper.
- Place the rice bubbles in a large bowl and set aside.
- Set aside a handful of snickers pieces, then add the rest along with the butter and honey to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and the only lumps are the peanuts.
- Pour the mixture over the rice bubbles, add the ¼ cup of snickers pieces and mix well to combine.
- Tip it into your prepared tin. Press it down well all over to make a firm base. Place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
- Heat the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Pour it over the top of the rice bubble base and place it back in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 20 second burst, stirring really well between each. This should only take 1 minute. No longer or you risk burning it.
- Pour it over the cold slice and let it set for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving. Best eaten straight from the fridge.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon (= 4 teaspoons worldwide)
- I prefer Werthers chewy caramels as they give the best result but any type of wrapped chewy caramel should work fine.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.
12 Comments on “No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake [+Video]”
Fantastic love it
So glad you love it, Sue
I want to make a 13 x 9 Pan so just double it correct?
Hello Diane, the layers will be a little taller but yes it will work fine.
Ohh I might just have to make this, I have a box of rice crispy cereal sitting around. 🙂
Hope you love them 🙂
Those crispy treats you can get in a store are usually so banal in terms of texture and flavour (Just tons of sugar). That’s why homemade puff rice cakes are so much better and versatile. Thank you for an amazing idea; these treats look and sound irresponsibly delicious!
Thanks so much Ben 🙂
Delicious sweet treat – this would be a hit with my friends! So I better make it for them 😉 – and me of course 😀
Make 2 batches, then you can keep a whole one for yourself 😂 Hope you all love them Alexandra.
L*C*Ms eat your heart out ! This makes a nice change from our traditional chocolate crackles. Thanks Marie
Haha! Thanks Pamela. I totally agree 🙂