It’s a dip but not like you know it. Sweet and perfect for dipping your favourite cookies or biscuits into (or if you’re health conscious, fruit – actually, you should probably skip this Snickers Dip if you’re health conscious).
Every now and then I want to let my inner child out and just make something fun, delicious and quick. Snickers Dip is one of those.
This is a cheesecake dip (aka dessert dip) using simple ingredients like cream cheese, cream, peanut butter, chocolate and caramel sauce. I add a few chopped up Snickers pieces and roughly chopped peanuts to give it a little extra texture but even without those, this dip tastes so good.
It’s fun too. Really fun. It’s a great dessert for kids to make as there is no cooking involved (that’s a win in anyone’s language) and it uses just a handful of everyday ingredients.
What is cheesecake dip?
Cheesecake dip, also known as dessert dip, is a sweet dip often made with a base of cream cheese or cream or both and is perfect for dipping things like cookies and fruit for an easy, fun dessert.
It makes a great party dessert where people are chatting over a table when you don’t want to make anything too serious.
I love the interactivity of this Snickers Dip. I won’t repeat the words that came out of my sister in laws mouth when she first ate it but let’s just say we all loved it. I recently remade this dip to give it some fresh new pics and it still makes me smile.
How to make cheesecake dip
Get ready for about 10 minutes of effort.
- Start by beating together cream cheese and icing sugar until smooth.
- Then add peanut butter and whipping cream and beat that through too.
- Fold through some finely chopped up snickers and peanuts for texture.
- Now layer it up with a little quick milk chocolate ganache and caramel sauce and it’s ready to go immediately.
No cooking. No setting time.
Ok, Snickers Dip may not be the classiest dessert in the world but, it’s perfect for times when you just want an informal dessert to place in the middle of the table so anyone can have at it. Perfect for kids parties too as the kids can get involved making this dessert for their friends and that indulgent snickers flavour is undeniable.
More easy fun desserts you’ll love
- Butter Popcorn Easy Fudge
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Cookies
- Almost Picnic Fudge
Snickers Dip (Dessert Dip)
- 250 g light cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup icing (powdered / confectioners) sugar
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter (notes)
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 35 g milk chocolate (a small handful)
- ¼ cup caramel sauce (store-bought or notes)
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 snickers bar (finely chopped)
- Melt the chocolate and 1 tablespoon of cream together in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well until smooth, then set aside.
- Put the cream cheese in the bowl of a mixer and sift over the icing sugar. Beat well until smooth. Add the peanut butter and remaining cream and mix for another minute or two until nice and creamy.
- Mix in the snickers pieces (make sure it is chopped into very small pieces).
- Place half of the cream cheese mixture in a serving dish. Cover with half of the caramel sauce and half of the chocolate ganache. Now do a second layer of cream cheese, followed by ganache and caramel. Sprinkle over the chopped peanuts and remaining pieces of snickers.
- Devour straight away with cookies, pretzels, sliced apple or strawberries. If serving it later, keep it in the fridge but take it out of the fridge at least ½¼ an hour before you want to serve so the ganache and caramel soften up.
- I use light cream cheese as it is softer and easier to dip into. You can certainly use regular instead.
- You can make an easy caramel sauce from scratch using, 10 store-bought chewy caramels and 1/4 cup of cream. Heat it together over low in a saucepan until melted and smooth.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.