This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is seriously the best cookies and cream cheesecake ever. It’s quick to make, creamy and luscious and this easy oreo dessert is perfect for a crowd.
It was time for me to breathe some new life into this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake recipe. It’s already a favourite but I wanted to make it even easier and give it some more appetising photos. I think I succeeded.
More Recipes You’ll Love
This No Bake Oreo Cheesecake, just like my Dulce De Leche version, is a white chocolate cheesecake and needs no oven time. Just mix everything together, spread it out in a cake tin and it will set into this soft, luscious and insanely creamy cheesecake.
I made two changes to my original recipe. I removed the Chocolate Sauce that was on top as it left streaks when you cut through the cheesecake but is otherwise a totally delicious topping. I also made the base just a base rather than having it go right up the sides of the cheesecake. This was purely to simplify the recipe. Feel free to use an extra pack of oreos and a bit more butter to go right up the sides if you like.
If there is one thing better than oreos, it’s oreos crushed up and mixed with butter. I could seriously (aka may have) eaten it just like that in the making of this easy oreo cheesecake, hence requiring the purchase of more oreos.
To make the oreo cheesecake crust, blend up 1 ½ packets (or 21 oreos) to very fine crumbs and then add ¼ cup of melted butter. Press it firmly into the bottom of a lined 8 inch round spring form tin and place it in the fridge while you get on with the cheesecake filling.
How Do You Make No Bake Cheesecake Set?
There are a few ways to make a no bake cheesecake set. You can use gelatine and I’m not opposed to that but another option is to use white chocolate. The thing I love about using white chocolate to set a cheesecake is that it not only intensifies the creaminess but it also means you don’t need to add any sugar.
That’s right, there is no other type of sugar added to my easy oreo cheesecake recipe, aside from white chocolate.
See more: No Bake Mini Smores Cheesecakes
How to make No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
While the base is chilling away in the fridge;
- Melt some white chocolate. I do this in 20 second bursts in the microwave, stirring well between each so that you don’t overheat it. This should take no more than 1.5 to 2 minutes.
- Whip some cream and set it aside. Just plain whipping cream and a handheld beater until you get soft peaks.
- Use the same handheld beater to beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth, then add the white chocolate, sour cream (for a slight tang) and some vanilla extract.
- Fold through the cream, then fold through some roughly chopped oreos
I top my oreo cheesecake with more oreos – some cut, some crumbled – and dark chocolate shavings.
Tips for the best No Bake Cheesecake
- Get all ingredients prepped and ready at the start. Once you start, everything just gets added one at a time and is done very quickly.
- Make sure the cream cheese and sour cream are at room temperature. Make sure the melted chocolate is not hot before adding it.
- Use full fat cream cheese. The light versions are too soft. I use Philadelphia cream cheese for it’s flavour. Although I’ve noticed it seems to be softer these days, it still sets well in a cheesecake. I use light sour cream since that’s what we keep in the fridge but a full fat version of sour cream will also help the cheesecake set firmer.
- Use a glass or measuring cup or just something with a flat bottom to press down on the oreo cookie crust firmly.
- Don’t overmix after adding the cream. Just gently fold it in or you’ll risk deflating it entirely. The best way is to add a big spoonful to the cream cheese first to loosen it up, then fold in the rest.
- Let it set at least 4 hours or even overnight (best) to get it to set nice and firmly. This is a very creamy cheesecake. It slices well but is still soft and luxurious so that setting time is very important.
The most divine and creamy cookies and cream dessert EVER, IMO. Make this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake for your crowd and let me know 😊
More Recipes You’ll Love
No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Recipe
- 300 g (10.5oz) white chocolate
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 480 g (3.5 packs) oreo cookies (approximately 49 cookies)
- 60 g (1/2 stick / 1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 350 g (12.3oz) cream cheese, softened (full fat)
- 3/4 cup light sour cream (or regular)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and line a 8 inch round spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the white chocolate in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring well between each until just melted.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and place back in the fridge.
- Use a food processor to process 1 1/2 packs of oreos to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and press into the base of the prepared tin until firm. Place in the fridge.
- With the remaining oreos, roughly chop 1 packet into small pieces (about 8 pieces per oreo). Cut 8 oreos in half and chop up the rest to rough crumbs.
- Use a handheld beater to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, sour cream and vanilla and beat through.
- Fold through the whipped cream until just combined, then gently fold through the 1 packet of chopped oreos.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the base and level out as much as possible.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours or overnight (best).
- Decorate the top with the halved oreos and oreo crumbs. If you like, top it with shaved chocolate like this one.
- For best results, you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
- The cream cheese must be full fat (not light). The sour cream can be regular or light.
- Cream cheese and sour cream should be a room temperature before using.
- Let the melted chocolate cool a little before using it.
- Don't overmix after adding the cream - just gently fold.
WANT MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES? CLICK HERE
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.