This easy strawberry cheesecake is luscious and creamy and filled with flavour from real strawberries and the best part, aside from it tasting so good, is you can use fresh or frozen strawberries – aka perfect any time of year.
If you love creamy fruit desserts, you’ll love this strawberry tiramisu too or for more strawberries, try this Strawberry Sheet Cake.
It’s also a no-bake cheesecake – just like my Oreo Cheesecake, Lemon Meringue Cheesecake and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake – you don’t even need to turn on the oven.
Want a mini version? Try these mini strawberry cheesecakes.
Why I love what I do
If you were to ask me what I love about food blogging, I’d tell you that the fact I can create, photograph and devour delicious recipes brings me so much joy.
The somewhat unseen wonder of blogging though, is community. I truly have a wonderful bunch of dedicated readers, some of whom contact me regularly and I can’t even count the number of beautiful blogging friends I’ve made on this journey.
Myself and a group of those bloggers have come together today to create a batch of no bake desserts that I know you’re going to love. With thanks to Kelsie and Camila for organising this fun collaboration, they, Katherine, Kirsten, Katie and myself have some deliciousness for you.
Also, I just realised everyone’s name starts with “k” sound except me.
Ingredients in strawberry cheesecake
- Strawberries: Obvious maybe, but worth mentioning since you can use fresh or frozen. Most of them get turned into a homemade strawberry sauce which is also lovely on pancakes and added to milkshakes.
- Cream Cheese: Please use full fat cream cheese as the light version does not set as firmly.
- Cream: Cream helps to give this cheesecake it’s fluffy and creamy texture
- Gelatine: This strawberry cheesecake recipe uses gelatin as the setting agent. Some no bake cheesecakes will use other setting agents like agar agar but another delicious way is to use white chocolate.
- Cookie crumbs: I use Arnotts Malt-O-Milks for this cheesecake but you can use any similar sweet cookie including Graham Crackers.
While these are the main ingredients, there is also a little butter, salt and vanilla to round out all the flavours.
How to make no bake strawberry cheesecake
- Start by making this homemade strawberry sauce. It will make a little more than you need which will be perfect for drizzling over the slices when you serve it.
- Heat a little of that strawberry sauce with powdered gelatine, then mix in a bit more and set that aside.
- A simple cookie crust is made by blending the cookies with melted butter and a touch of salt, then pressing it into the tin.
- Add a border of strawberries and let that chill.
- Now it’s a very simple case of mixing up cream cheese, sugar and cream. The cream gets drizzled into the cream cheese mixture while you beat it until it’s nice and fluffy.
- Fold in the strawberry gelatine mixture and pour it over the base.
Now you just need to be patient while it sets.
This cheesecake is best made the day before (ummm, bonus) to allow it plenty of time to set up firmly, but 6 hours will get the job done.
There are a few different layers to this cheesecake but each on is very easy and I promise totally worth it.
- The homemade strawberry sauce is seriously easy to make, taking less than 15 minutes in total.
- The cookie base is just 3 ingredients in a blender and literally takes 5 minutes to make.
- And that easy strawberry cheesecake filling is a really simple case of beating a few ingredients together.
I like to top this cheesecake off with swirls of whipped cream and halved strawberries – a totally classic look.
Can I freeze this no bake cheesecake?
While technically yes, the texture may not be so soft and creamy on thawing as cream does not always freeze well and it makes up a portion of this cheesecake.
You could certainly enjoy this as a frozen cheesecake in the height of summer too and it would be amazing – a little like my Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Bars.
This cheesecake should be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Click to Pin this recipe for later!
You know what this luscious, creamy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake would be perfect for? Mothers Day! That or just for the heck of it, you should make this today.
More no bake cheesecakes
- No Bake Passionfruit Cheesecake
- Mini S’mores Cheesecakes
- Dulce De Leche White Chocolate Cheesecake
- Oreo Cheesecake
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes straight to your inbox!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
FOR THE BASE
- 250 g Malt O Milk biscuits / Graham Crackers (8.8oz)
- 115 g unsalted butter, melted (½ cup / 1 stick)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5-6 small strawberries
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 1 batch homemade strawberry sauce (notes)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 ¼ teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 500 g cream cheese, softened (1.1 lb)
- ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar (100g / 3.5oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup thickened / heavy (35% fat) cream
- Whipped cream and strawberries for decorating
For best results, always weigh ingredients where a weight is provided
- Make the strawberry sauce first.
FOR THE BASE
- In a blender (or in a bag with a rolling pin) blend the biscuits / cookies to crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and salt.
- Grease and line an 8 inch spring form tin with baking paper, then tip the crumb mixture into the tin. Press down all over with the bottom of a glass to make a firm, flat base. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Cut the strawberries into thin slices (only about 2-3mm thick so they bend to the shape of the pan). Spray them with oil spray then arrange them around the side of the tin with the flat side sitting against the cookie base.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Add the water and 1 tablespoon of the strawberry sauce to a small bowl then sprinkle the gelatine over the top.
- Let the gelatine soften for 5 minutes, then microwave for 20 seconds. Stir well, removing all the lumps, heating for only a further 10 seconds if it needs it.
- Add 1 cup of strawberry sauce to the gelatine mixture, stir well and set aside.
- Any leftover strawberry sauce at this point can be store in the fridge and served with the cheesecake at the end.
- If using a stand mixer, attach the paddle attachment.
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- Add the vanilla and salt and beat through.
- If using a stand mixer, swap to the whisk attachment.
- With the mixer on low, slowly drizzle the cream into the cream cheese mixture. Once it’s all added, scrape down the sides, then beat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes until it’s fluffy and holding soft peaks.
- Using a spatula, fold in half of the strawberry gelatine mixture, being careful not to knock all the air out. Once almost fully combined, repeat with the remaining strawberry gelatine.
- Pour the filling over the base and level out the top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Use this Homemade Strawberry Sauce recipe
- To cut nice clean slices, use a sharp knife and wipe it off between slices.
Try one of these amazing no bake desserts from our collaboration
- No Bake Pistachio Pie from Pies and Tacos
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake from Sugar Salt Magic
- Peanut Butter Bars from Katiebird Bakes
- No Bake Cheesecake Bars from Love in My Oven
- Lemon Raspberry Icebox Cake from This Celebrated Life
- Butterfinger Pie from The Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.
18 Comments on “No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake”
This was delicious. I loved that it can be made in advance. Strawberries are in at the moment and what a great way to use them. Thanks Marie another good one.
So happy you love it, Kim. Thank you so much for making my recipe.
This cheesecake looks absolutely amazing! Strawberry season is here so I’ll be enjoying this all summer 🙂
Thank you Trang
absolutely fantastic and easy recipe, may I please ask how much white choc to be added instead of gelatine?
Thank you Ptrayusha, sorry but there is no simple swap but if you’re looking for a white chocolate cheesecake version you could try this Dulce De Leche White Chocolate Cheesecake
Absolutely delicious. Wife and the kids thank you for the recipe!! I was going to skip the strawberry sauce as i thought i’d muck it up. Thankfully i cracked on and it turned out perfect. Thankyou once again.
Thanks so much Ian, I’m so glad you went all out and did the sauce as well 🙂
This is definitely calling my name, Marie! I just love cheesecake (as you can tell from my post today) haha, and a strawberry cheesecake would be at the top of my list too!! Yum! My kids would also die for this!
Thanks Katherine 🙂
What a great cheesecake for Mother’s Day! My mom would absolutely love this and that beautiful color!
Perfect for mom 🙂 Thanks Katie
I love using gelatin to make cheesecake! what a fabulous recipe this is! Love the strawberry sauce!!! Fabulous!!!
Thanks so much Camila 🙂
Hahaha! I didn’t notice that we’re all K sounds! This cheesecake looks SO GOOD and strawberries one of my favorites so I love that I can make this with fresh or frozen!
I love being able to have any berries all year round. Thanks Kelsie
Looks so heavenly! Pinned for later!!
Thanks so much Kim 🙂