Quick, fun and very easy to make this no-bake Milo Mars Bar Slice also tastes amazing. Filled with chocolate, caramel and Milo cereal, these chocolate cereal treats are incredibly addictive.
Incredibly easy to make and even easier to eat, this Milo Mars Bar Slice is a fun and delicious no bake treat. If you remember chocolate crackles, these are way better and ridiculously addictive – I know from experience.
With a sweet, crunchy and chewy cereal base topped with milk chocolate, this is one indulgent little treat. Just 7 ingredients and 10 minutes goes into these chocolate cereal treats;
- Mars bars
- golden syrup or honey
- Milo cereal
- milk chocolate
For this recipe, I took a regular Mars Bar slice and added Milo cereal for it’s crunch and malty flavour. You can use rice bubbles / krispies or coco pops like you would in a normal Mars Bar slice if you prefer though, or use some other crispy cereal. It’s a completely customisable treat.
There’s loads of different types of cereal treats out there – crunchy, chewy, sweet and portable makes them a winner as a lunchbox treat, kids parties or even a treat for big kids (like me). Most use loads of marshmallows melted down to hold them together, which is lovely but these treats, very similar to these No Bake Snickers Crispy Cakes, use Mars Bars to hold it all together. It also adds a good measure of chocolate and caramel as well which can never be wrong.
How to make Milo Mars Bar Slice
- Melt together butter, golden syrup or honey and Mars Bars. You can do this in a pan over very low heat or in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the milo cereal and mix it well.
- Let it set before pouring melted chocolate over the top and finishing off with chopped mars bar pieces. Set for another 2 hours, then you can devour at will.
Tips for Mars Bar Slice
- If you use the microwave, do it in 30 second bursts making sure to give it a really good stir in between each. On the stovetop. stir it constantly and if it bubbles remove it from the heat and keep stirring.
- The mars bars will eventually melt completely but the nougat does take a little longer to get there. Luckily, if you aren’t patient enough to wait, this recipe still works if there is still some chunky bits too.
- Make sure to press the mixture into the tin fairly firmly and try to make sure there are no gaps at the top or your melted chocolate might disappear.
- Set the slice in the fridge but let it come to room temperature before cutting.
- If you heat a knife under hot water, then wipe it dry, it’s easier to cut through the bars
This mars bar slice keeps well for 5-6 days (if you don’t eat it all by then) and even stay nice and crunchy as long as it’s kept in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature.
I suggest cutting these into smallish pieces or use a 9 inch tin to make them in so the slices aren’t so thick – Milo cereal is very crunch and if they are made too thick, they’ll be harder to bite through. In small pieces the crunch and chewiness is perfect.
More candy bar recipes
Milo Mars Bar Slice
- 6 x 53g mars bars
- 57 g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups Milo cereal
- 200 g 1 cup milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Roughly chop up 5 of the mars bars and add them along with the butter and golden syrup to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly while heating to melt everything together. If it starts to bubble, remove from the or turn the heat down to low and keep stirring.
- Once it’s all melted add the vanilla and salt and stir to combine .
- Add the Milo cereal and stir until all the cereal is coated.
- Tip everything into the tin and press down with the spatula all over, pushing it right into the corners and edges. If cool enough you can use your hands. Make sure there aren't too many gaps in the top layer or the chocolate you top them with will escape.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 20 second burst, stirring really well between each. This should only take 1 minute. No longer or you risk burning it.
- Pour it over the cold mars bar slice. Finely slice the last mars bar and place them randomly all over the top.
- Let it set in the fridge for 1-2 hours before cutting into small pieces and serving.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon (equivalent to 4 teaspoons)
- Cut the pieces small if using Milo cereal so that it's easier to bite into (Milo cereal is extremely crunchy)