Dense and fudgy Chocolate Brownies with a hit of caramel and cookie in the centre.
Who doesn’t love a good Chocolate Brownie? Am I right? I mean, it has chocolate!
This is a great recipe for perfectly perfect Chocolate Brownies with a delicious hit of caramel. Great because they taste awesome! And great because they are seriously quick to make. No need to make packet mix brownies again. This recipe takes mere seconds longer and you probably have most of the ingredients already in your pantry.
I love simple recipes like this. I also love the fact that you can get all the dry ingredients mixed together and stored in your pantry ready to go at a moments’ notice. Ok, so with this recipe, having a mix ready to go will only save you 5 minutes, but 5 minutes is 5 minutes. Especially when chocolate is involved 🙂
These chocolate brownies are perfectly chocolatey and they get all that chocolate goodness just from cocoa. I’ve used dutch processed because I love the dark colour and richness it adds but you could certainly use standard cocoa if that’s all you have. You don’t even need a mixer for this one. Just throw everything into one bowl, mix it around and you can have brownies in less than 45 minutes.
I had this idea to make caramel filled chocolate brownies but I needed a chocolate fix stat so I didn’t want to take time messing around making caramel. Oh, I will make those too but not today. Today is for chocolate brownies now please. The greatness of these heavenly brownies is only heightened by the decadent layer of caramel chocolate biscuits. Biting into that oozy caramel and then a firm cookie base, all surrounded by that dense, fudgy brownie. Drooling!!!! And so were born the Caramel Crown Chocolate Brownies.
This might just become your favourite go-to chocolate brownie recipe. Did I mention you could actually, like right now, be eating these things in less than 45 minutes. No matter if you don’t have the cookies, the brownie in its own right is dang delicious 🙂
Now go forth and bake you some Caramel Crown Chocolate Brownies 🙂
Ooh! I almost forgot, if you love brownies as much as I do check out my recipe for Choc Chip Chocolate Fudge Brownies too 🙂
- 195 g (1 ½ cups) plain flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g (3/4 cup) dutch processed cocoa
- 200 g (1 cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 100 g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (230g / 2 sticks) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 chocolate coated caramel biscuits (I used Arnotts Caramel Crowns)
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Line a slice tray approximately 9x13 baking tin with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa together, then add both sugars and mix well. Make a well in the centre and add the beaten eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Gently stir until it is all incorporated (but don’t overmix).
- Pour half of the mixture into the prepared pan and spread to all the edges. Lay the 12 cookies out side by side on top of the first layer of brownie mix. Pour the rest of the brownie mix on top of the cookies and spread to the sides and corners.
- Bake for around 28 minutes until firm around the edges but the middle should still be a little soft (but not wobbly).
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.