Rocky Road is a decadent favourite and this one is choc full of Raspberry goodness
Haha. Get it? Rocky Road. Choc full….. Ahem…
Happy New Year! May 2017 bring you lots of joy and exciting new challenges.
New Years this year for us was a fairly quiet affair and I wouldn’t ask for it any other way. Scott and I had the perfect date night. A lovely dinner out, then a movie, then we returned home to have a couple of quiet drinks on the sofa and trying to stay awake until midnight. I succeeded which was one up on last year when I asked Scott to wake me up 5 minutes before new year :). What did you get up to?
The next day I made some Raspberry Rocky Road, because, well, it’s easy and I was reeeeaally tired. Rocky Road is so easy, anyone can make it. In fact, this is a great one for the kids to get in the kitchen.
I always buy the Pascal marshmallows that have the white and pink in one pack. I most often only use the vanilla ones in my recipes, so I’m always left with the Raspberry ones. That is far from being a problem (set up a candle, skewer a marshmallow, put on a movie and toast away 🙂 ) but as I had so many, I thought a raspberry dessert was in order. So I bought a pack of ripe raspberry lollies as well and this creation was born. I added some crushed biscuits and almonds for crunch too.
Need I say more? A match made in heaven.
So have you made any new years resolutions? I tend to try to make mine not too ambitious. You know, reach for the moon and you might catch a star type of thing. My last years resolutions were
- Be generally healthier – I would say I got this about 50% of the time 🙂
- Master doughnuts – Done! I love my Caramel Doughnuts with Brown Sugar Custard recipe and a lot of research and experimentation went into this one. They do take time to make but the rewards are oh, so worth it. This is definitely the recipe I’ll stick to.
- Master Sourdough bread – well, I mastered sourdough starter. Now I just need to progress to an actual loaf. I have to say though I have come up with a wonderfully simple white bread recipe that I will be posting soon.
I think that’s pretty good going, so this year I’ve set the following resolutions.
- Be generally healthier – mostly add a little more exercise than I currently do and drink more water.
- Master sourdough bread – at least I have the starter ready to go 🙂
- Enjoy the moment – It’s so easy working full time and then blogging on the side to be always ‘ON’, always thinking about what’s next so I need to just make sure I enjoy every moment as it happens.
- Keep filling my blog with wonderful recipes that you will want to try for yourselves.
Oh, that’s right, where were we. Raspberry Rocky Road.
Here’s to 2017. Whoop, whoop 🙂