You may have noticed the posts I’ve published lately mentioning my Mothers Day menu. Well here is the finale. The Mothers Day menu roundup. The one place you can get all the links, tips and tricks to make it awesome and a sneaky little drink too.
Mothers Day Starters
Why are they the perfect starter?
- All elements can be made ahead of time
- They are quick to cook
- Of course they taste great
- They can be served in so many ways to suit your get together
Want more appetiser ideas? Try these;
- Mini Korean Beef Tacos – These are cute mini tacos filled with flavour. Everything can be prepared ahead of time, then heated just before serving.
- Bolognese Pull Apart Sliders – I just love how fun these are, the flavour is amazing and it’s another dish you can just place in the middle of the table for everyone to grab at.
- Sweet Corn Arancini – Light but still comforting and also a great vegetarian option
Mothers Day Main Courses
Why is this Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken so good?
Glad you asked. This dish is comforting but still light. It comes together easily with minimal ingredients but is packed with flavour and that succulent chicken.
Want more main course ideas? Try these;
- Chicken Penne Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes – This is a homely dish but the creamy sauce is extremely. Great when you’re serving up 3 courses.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff – Is the weather cooler on Mothers Day where you are? This stroganoff is one of my favourite recipes. It’s all prepped ahead and cooked in the slow cooker, saving you time to get on with enjoying your company.
Mothers Day Sides
Why is this Warm Potato Asparagus Salad so good?
Again, this recipe uses just a handful of ingredients so it comes together quickly. You can prep the vegetables and make the vinaigrette ahead of time. This will leave you just to cook the veggies in some boiling water before dressing and serving. Best served fresh but can be reheated if you just slightly undercook the vegetables.
Want more side dish ideas? Try these
- Buttery Garlic Potatoes with Crispy Prosciutto – More baby potatoes and one of my favourite side dish recipes. I serve this regularly. It feels like a special treat, is rich in flavour and another you can make ahead and reheat.
- Roast Pumpkin Mac and Cheese – Rich and comforting, this is an indulgent side dish but mum’s worth it.
- Perfect Roast Potatoes – This is how I cook my roasties and get them perfect every time. I have a hard time imagining any meal these wouldn’t be good with.
- Asparagus, Rocket and Parmesan Salad – fresh and light but seriously full of flavour.
Mothers Day Desserts
Why is this No Bake Lemon Meringue Cheesecake so good?
This gorgeous treat is no bake so can be made the day before. Just leave the meringue until the day of serving. This is rich and very indulgent. Perfect for a celebration.
Want more celebration dessert ideas? Try these
- Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Blood Orange Jelly – This beautiful dessert is light and luxurious and it can be made entirely the day before. Blood orange not in season, don’t worry, you can swap it for just about any fruit juice you like.
- Chocolate Creme Brulee – A soft, sweet baked chocolate custard with a crisp brulee topping. Another make-ahead dessert that is sure to impress, these taste like a little bit of luxury.
- Black Magic Cake – Indulgent and decadent, this chocolate cake is a showstopper. It’s rich but the cake itself is light and fluffy.
Mothers Day Cocktail
Why is this Frozen Moscato Strawberry Daiquiri so good?
It’s light, refreshing, pretty and loads of fun. It’s perfect for when the sun is shining.
So that’s it – a great round up of delicious dishes to serve your mum this Mothers Day and loads of different options.
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.