These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars have got to be one of my favourite bakes yet. The best chocolate chip cookie dough with a quick cheesecake filling, all baked up until golden.
I knew what I wanted – Cheesecake and Chocolate Chip Cookies. All at once. I’m a baker, it’s my prerogative 🙂 And here it is in all its Cheesecake-y, Cookie-y glory. Yes. It is as good as it looks. Stop licking the screen – you’ll make it dirty 🙂 The only way to taste it is to make it.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CHEESECAKE BARS
This is my favourite chocolate chip cookie encasing a wonderful creamy, but quick to make, cheesecake filling. What’s not to love?
DIFFICULTY – Easy. A simple choc chip cookie dough meets a simple, quick cheesecake filling. Once baked, crunchy choc chip cookie gives way to a soft creamy filling.
MAKE AHEAD – Yes, these cookie bars will hold up well for up to a week. Take them out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving to lose the chill.
STORAGE – Store this cheesecake slice in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to a week.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars are very easy to put together too. I use the cookie dough from my Chunky Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe (best ever by the way) and a cheesecake filling that takes just minutes to put together and it’s done.
How to make them
You’ll start by mixing together a simple choc chip cookie dough. Cream the butter and sugar, add some dry ingredients, then milk, then choc chips until it’s all combined.
Now you layer it all up. Scatter half the cookie dough into a baking paper lined 9×13 baking tin, then press it down in a flat layer.
Now the easy cheesecake filling
Beat the cream cheese and sugar until nice and smooth, then add eggs, vanilla and sourcream and mix until it’s smooth again.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookie dough layer and smooth it all out.
Scatter the remaining half of the cookie dough all over the top. I find it easiest to scatter very small pieces as this helps to get better coverage. Remember you won’t be pressing this layer down. Just bake it and boom, you’re done.
Just a hint – while you’re at it, make a double batch of the cookie dough and store it in the freezer (wrapped well in plastic wrap and then in an airtight container). You will have chocolate chip cookie dough ready to go at a moments notice for some wonderful Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies. And if you love the look of this recipe, then you might also love my caramel version – Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Can’t get enough cookie bar recipes? Try these
- Amazing Oreo Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Chocolate Carmelita Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Coconut Bars
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Bars
- Lemon Crumble Slice
The edge is always my favourite on slices like this. I love the way the edge gets all nice and crispy while the inside stays nice and soft. What can I say? I like the best of both worlds. How about you? Are you an edge or middle lover?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars for all. Enjoy 🙂
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 260 g (2 cups / 9.2oz) plain (all purp) flour
- 90 g (2/3 cup / 3.2oz) cornflour (corn starch) - (notes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (bicarb)
- 150 g (3/4 cup / 5.3oz) light brown sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup / 3.5oz) caster (superfine) sugar
- 190 g (6.7oz) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole (full fat) milk - (notes)
- 2 cups (400g / 14oz) dark chocolate chips
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light sour cream
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F /160C fan forced. Line a 9x13 baking tin with baking paper.
- Sift together the flour, cornflour and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars until lightened and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add half the flour mix. Beat until just combined. Add the milk and remainder of the flour and mix until it just starts to come together.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and give the mixture another beat until mixed through and the dough is clumping.
- Scatter half of the cookie dough in small clumps into the lined tin, then press down all over to flatten out and level.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. 2-3 minutes should do it. Add the egg and beat well. Add the vanilla and sour cream and mix through until incorporated. Pour and spread the filling over the cookie base.
- Scatter the remaining cookie dough over the top of the cheesecake filling in very small clumps and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden on top and not much wobble left. If it is getting golden too quickly, you can cover it with foil for the last 20 minutes cooking time.
- Cool in pan then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight is even better.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon (4 teaspoons worldwide)
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
- The best way to scatter the cookie dough over the cheesecake layer is in very small pieces. This way you'll get a better coverage.
- I use corn starch a lot in my baking – this is not an error. Cake flour is a combination of all purpose and corn starch but in Australia is not so readily available. I use this combo in my recipes a lot instead of using cake flour.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.