So incredibly simple to make, these Gingerbread Cheesecake Balls need to be on your Christmas treats list. An easy cheesecake mixture, coated in gingerbread crumbs. The perfect festive dessert.
In the interest of sharing with you lots of yummy desserts, I hereby present you with … drumroll … Gingerbread Cheesecake Balls. That’s right. Cheesecake rolled into balls and then rolled in yummy gingerbread crumbs.
What a discovery. I am in love with this dessert for 3 reasons (at least).
- They taste amazing
- They are easy to make. Truly.
- They look posh enough to share for a dinner party
Not so long ago I would have told you I’m not actually a big fan of cheesecake. It’s clearly not true as, since then, I’ve made Baked Salted Caramel Cheesecake. I’ve made Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Slice which I thoroughly enjoyed and now I bring you these. I don’t think I can keep this up anymore. I do actually like cheesecake but I’ve worked out why I say I don’t like it – it’s because by the time I get through a whole slice of it, I feel ill.
My Salted Caramel Cheesecake was pretty rich so I only had a small slice (each day :)). Num num num. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Slice only had a small amount running through the centre – enough to taste cheesecake without the sickliness (yes, I just made a new word again – Yay for me!). These ones are bite size, so you can stop when you’ve had enough.
Imagine these all dressed up on a nice platter served in the middle of the table for your guests. What a great share dish – and I love share dishes. It would be such a great addition to the Christmas dinner menu.
OK. I’ll admit it. I say that a recipe is easy a lot and I do mean it but I swear, your honour, I’m telling the truth here. These literally take 5 minutes to mix together, you let them set in the freezer for a while, while you do something else, then come back roll them in balls and Voila! You’re done. Another reason they are great for a dinner party. No compromising on flavour but time saved on dessert is time you can focus on the main course (also read as “time you can put your feet up with a cuppa”).
I’ve already got so many flavours planned for more Cheescake Balls recipes in the future. But if you have any great ideas, have a go. Better yet, tell me about them and I’ll have a go.
So enjoy. Go forth and make some Gingerbread Cheesecake Balls and have a cuppa 🙂
Have you tried this recipe?
Rate or comment below
Gingerbread Christmas Balls
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 75 g white chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Tablespoons icing (confectioners/ powdered) sugar, sifted (note 1)
- ½ cup gingerbread biscuit crumbs
- If you haven’t already, melt your chocolate and allow it to cool for five minutes and blitz your gingerbread biscuits in the food processor to fine crumbs.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, chocolate, cinnamon, ginger and icing sugar together in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Allow to set in the freezer for about an hour.
- Place the gingerbread crumbs in a small bowl.
- Working quickly, so that the mixture doesn’t soften too much, roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, then roll them in the crumbs. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- See. Told you it was easy
- I use a standard 20ml Australian tablespoon.