Easy Sundried Tomato Pesto is incredibly easy to make and full of flavour. Great on pastas, pizzas, in soups on sandwiches and in so many more ways.
I decided to throw in an extra post this week for these easy Sundried Tomato Pesto. Something with so much flavour but takes just minutes is too good not to post.
I originally made this recipe for a Roasted Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese recipe that I created for the Sunday Supper movement. The soup is amazing, comforting and hearty with all the natural robust flavour of tomato. But what gives it a real punch of flavour is this Easy Sundried Tomato Pesto.
It really is easy
It’s a simple matter of adding ingredients to a blender and blending them really. I toast the pine nuts first but other than that, it’s just into the blender with everything and voila! I made mine quite thick as it was going to be added to a soup and I wanted it to thicken the soup a little but you can thin this out by adding a little extra oil.
So here we go, just 4 simple ingredients – count ’em. 4!
- Sundried tomatoes (very important)
- Pine nuts
How to use pesto
I already suggested soup but here’s some more ideas for using your Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Mixed through hot pasta like in this Salmon Pasta with Pesto
- as a pizza sauce or in calzone like this Pesto Chicken Calzone
- spread in sandwiches
- mixed into salad dressing
- over potato salad
- In pasta bakes like my Creamy Chicken & Tomato Pesto Pasta Bake
- mix it through cream cheese to make a pesto cream cheese dip
- swirled through bread dough right before baking
So, so many ways with pesto 🙂
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?
Rate it below or comment with any questions or thoughts.
GET NEW RECIPES DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX subscribe here.
In addition to new posts you’ll receive monthly newsletters, and a free ebook. Plus any other freebies I come up with along the way.
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes (drained if in oil)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts - (notes)
- 1/2 cup parmesan, finely grated
- 2/3 cup olive oil (or use the oil they came in)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until the consistency you like. You can continue adding oil while blending to achieve the desired consistency.
- To toast pine nuts, place them in a dry frying pan. Toast while shaking the pan over medium heat. Once they are golden they are toasted.