This Funfetti Vanilla Easter Fudge using my best fudge recipe is one of the most perfect sweet Easter treats to share with your family.
Yes, that’s a bunny plate!
Not sure if you heard the news, but I love to make fudge and I’ve always wanted to make funfetti something. Well, with Easter coming up, I thought this Funfetti Vanilla Easter Fudge would be a cute and fun recipe to add to my fudge recipe collection.
To date, all of my fudge recipes are sweetened condensed milk fudge recipes. It’s my favourite kind to make as I believe it has the greatest flavour to effort ratio, hence the reason I call it my best fudge recipe.
It’s a simple combination of sugar, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate but I’ve worked out this great ratio that works every time and you can adjust to suit any flavour you’re after. Salted caramel, sure! Creamy Lemon? No problem. How about some fancy malted milk fudge bars or peppermint fudge bars. Done aaaaand done!
So Funfetti Vanilla Easter Fudge is
- A simple vanilla fudge recipe
- Filled with sprinkles
- And Cadbury mini eggs
I am seriously addicted to Cadbury mini eggs. I eat them every Easter without fail. Sometimes I work them into a recipe as an excuse to have them on hand. You always need an extra packet for the photos, right, right? See all those extra mini eggs floating about in these photos. Yep, gone! They are no longer haha.
Time to stop giving away my secrets and start telling you how to make these Easter sweets and the best fudge recipe ever.
This easy fudge recipe is as simple as melting some sugar and butter into some condensed milk in a saucepan. I add glucose too as it keeps the end result nice and smooth. You can use light corn syrup in place of liquid glucose. Then you bring it to a boil for a few minutes. Add the white chocolate and stir until it also melts and voila! You have a basic easy fudge.
Now it’s time to add your flavours. Sprinkles and candies are my favourites as they’re so easy to mix through but also some flavouring like vanilla or peppermint. Pour it all into a brownie tin lined with baking paper and let it set. That’s it.
I keep promising that one day I’m going to try to make the real deal, you know with cream and milk. The last time I tried it turned out so grainy and it takes longer. Now if you’ve been reading long, you know I’m not a patient person, so that recipe got stuck on the backburner – ever since.
I will try it again one day but for now effort vs flavour wins hands down. Now I present to you Funfetti Vanilla Easter Fudge. Enjoy ?
Have you tried this recipe? Rate it below or comment with any questions or thoughts.
Funfetti Vanilla Easter Fudge
- 1 tin (395ml / 14 fl oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (200g / oz) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid glucose (or light corn syrup)
- 115 g (1 stick / 1⁄2 cup) unsalted butter
- 220 g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- 3/4 cup mini Easter eggs
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, glucose or corn syrup and butter in a heavy based saucepan. Stir, over low heat, without boiling until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to stir for another 6-8 minutes over low heat until the mixture has thickened a little.
- Remove from heat and add the chocolate and vanilla. Stir well until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Keep aside some mini eggs and sprinkles to scatter over the top. Add the rest to the fudge mix and mix well.
- Pour the fudge into your lined tin then scatter the remaining eggs and sprinkles over the top.
- Leave for 30 minutes to cool at room temperature, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 25 squares and serve.
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.