Honey Pepper Pork Wraps
I find the extra sauce isn't necessary but it's a great addition to have the cooked marinade on the side for those that like more.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 500 g pork, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (note 1)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2-3 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (to taste but don't be shy, it's in the title)
- 1 cup frozen baby green beans, thawed and trimmed
- 4 tortillas
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Lots of fresh salad like lettuce, spinach, grated carrot, cucumber ribbons, sliced spring onions
Place the pork strips, soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
Prepare your salads and place them on a serving platter.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a wok over high heat. Cook half of the pork (allow some of the marinade to drip off, before adding it to the wok), stirring, until it starts to caramelise and is cooked through. Transfer to a clean plate. Repeat with the remaining half of pork. Once it is almost done, add the beans and cook for a further 2 minutes until the beans are cooked through. Add to the rest of the cooked pork.
Pour the marinade into the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until thickened and pour into a small dish.
Transfer the pork mixture back to the pan to make sure it is piping hot. If you want to warm your tortillas, this is the perfect moment to throw them into the microwave.
Serve it all up and let everyone put together their own wraps.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon