Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins
Making muffins from scratch is so easy and these Choc Chip Peanut Butter Muffins have stacks of flavour too.
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 cup (130g) plain (AP) flour
- 1 cup (130g) wholemeal (whole wheat) flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking (bicarb) soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 200 g (1 cup) dark choc chips
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (180ml) whole milk
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 teaspoons demerara sugar
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Grease a 12 hole muffin tin or silicon muffin tray and set aside.
In a large bowl sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the choc chips and mix it well.
In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, peanut butter and vanilla until well mixed.
Divide the batter equally among the 12 muffin holes and then sprinkle the demerara sugar over the tops.
Bake for around 20 minutes, turning the tray half way through, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (you'll have to try to miss the choc chips though)
Eat immediately or wait until cool.
- For best results you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).