Easy Spinach Cob Loaf Dip
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 10 serves
If you’re looking for simple party snack ideas, this easy Spinach Cob Loaf Dip has all the bases covered. With just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes in the kitchen, everyone will be racing to get at this flavourful bread bowl dip.
- 500 g (1lb) cob loaf
- ¾ cup, lightly packed (125g) frozen spinach, thawed
- ¾ cup light sour cream (or full fat)
- ¾ cup light whole egg mayonnaise (or full fat)
- 1 packet (40g / 1.5oz) spring vegetable simmer soup mix
- ½ cup water chestnuts, roughly chopped
Preheat the grill on high.
Cut a large hole in the centre of the cob loaf and pull the bread out in large chunks (good mouthful size), leaving a base in the bread so you have a bread bowl.
Optional step: Arrange the chunks of bread and the hollowed out cob loaf on a baking tray and grill / broil for 5-7 minutes until just starting to get golden. Keep an eye on it. Remove and allow to cool completely.
At least 2 hours before serving, put together the dip.
Use some paper towel to squeeze any excess moisture out of the spinach.
Mix the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix and water chestnuts together in a bowl and allow to sit in the fridge covered until serving time. This will allow the vegetables in the soup mix to rehydrate.
To serve, fill the cob loaf with the dip and arrange on a platter with the chunks of toasted bread around it.
- If you’re in Australia, you can simple use a 200ml tub of sour cream, then use the same container to measure the mayonnaise.
- You don't have to toast the bread if you prefer to leave it soft.
- Use smaller cob loaves if you like and spread them around the table.
- French onion soup also works quite well.
WANT MORE APPETISERS AND SNACKS? CLICK HERE