Oat and Hazelnut Yoyo Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
The perfect combination of chewy and crispy. These sandwich cookies are filled with oats and hazelnuts, and stuffed with a Nutella centre.
For the Cookies
- 1/2 cup (65g) plain (all-purp) flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (15g) corn flour (cornstarch) (notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb)
- 2 tablespoons (1/6 cup) hazelnuts, crushed (notes)
- 2 tablespoons (1/6 cup) desicated coconut (notes)
- 1/2 cup (50g / 1.8oz) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (100g / 3.5oz) dark brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon milk (notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 62 g unsalted butter, melted
For the Nutella Frosting
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutella (notes)
- 2 teaspoons milk
Preheat the oven to 160C. Line cookie trays with baking paper.
If you haven't already, melt the butter and crush the hazelnuts.
Sift together the flour, cornflour and baking soda. Stir well. Add the crushed hazelnuts, coconut, oats, sugar and salt and stir well. Finally, add the melted butter, milk and vanilla and mix until it all comes together.
Roll teaspoons of the dough into balls and sit about 2 inches apart on the baking trays. Bake for 12 minutes, turning the trays halfway through the cooking time.
Add all of the frosting ingredients to a small mixing bowl and beat together until fully combined. Top one cookie with about 1/2 a teaspoon of frosting (I used a piping bag) and then top with another cookie.
- I use an Australian standard 20ml tablespoon (=4 teaspoons worldwide)