Thick Fudgy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 16 pieces
With 3 forms of chocolate – cocoa, dark chocolate and chocolate chips – these Thick, Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownies are a chocolate lovers dream. If you’re looking for an easy homemade brownie recipe, these are for you.
- 100 g (3.5oz) dark (70%) chocolate
- 113 g (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 g (1 cup) plain (all purp) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 25 g (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Grease and line an 8x8 inch square baking tin with baking paper.
Place the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each until melted and smooth. Set aside.
Place both sugars and the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk with a handheld mixer for around 2 minutes until light and fluffy (or in a stand mixer with paddle attachment for 3-5 minutes)
Add the melted chocolate and butter and the vanilla and stir through with a spatula.
Sift over the plain flour, cocoa and salt and stir through with a spatula until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for around 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with some sticky crumbs on it (see notes).
Equipment used: 8x8 inch square baking tin, handheld beater
For best results, you should always weigh ingredients like flour and sugar. Kitchen scales are relatively cheap but if you can’t weigh the ingredients, use the spoon and level method (don’t scoop).
- Brownies are done when a toothpick comes out with a few sticky crumbs on it. They will carry-over bake in the tin.
- Toothpick comes out with wet mix - not done
- Toothpick comes out with sticky crumbs - DONE
- Toothpick comes out with no mix or crumbs - overdone (save these for serving with ice cream - yum
WANT MORE BROWNIE RECIPES? CLICK HERE