No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Setting time: 3 hours
Total Time: 19 minutes
Servings: 18 serves
Imagine a snickers slice of rice krispie and melted snickers base, and caramel and chocolate top and you’ll have this No Bake Snickers Crispy Cake. So easy to make, no oven required and so much fun. You won’t be able to stop at one.
- 3 cups rice bubbles (rice krispies)
- 5 snickers bars (50g / 1.8oz each), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (57g / 1/2 stick), unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey (notes)
- 250 g (8.8oz) chewy caramels (notes)
- 1/4 cup thickened (heavy) cream
- 200 g (1 cup) milk chocolate, roughly chopped
Grease and line an 8x8 inch baking tin with baking paper.
Place the rice bubbles in a large bowl and set aside.
Set aside a handful of snickers pieces, then add the rest along with the butter and honey to a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and the only lumps are the peanuts.
Pour the mixture over the rice bubbles, add the 1/4 cup of snickers pieces and mix well to combine.
Tip it into your prepared tin. Press it down well all over to make a firm base. Place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
Heat the caramels and cream in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Pour it over the top of the rice bubble base and place it back in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 20 second burst, stirring really well between each. This should only take 1 minute. No longer or you risk burning it.
Pour it over the cold slice and let it set for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving. Best eaten straight from the fridge.
Equipment used: 8x8 inch square baking tin
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon (= 4 teaspoons worldwide)
- I prefer Werthers chewy caramels as they give the best result but any type of wrapped chewy caramel should work fine.
WANT MORE BROWNIES, BARS & SLICES? CLICK HERE