Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
Creamy Lemon Thyme Chicken is all made in one pan or skillet. Easy to prepare, ready in under 30 minutes and a tangy, creamy sauce, this simple chicken dish is an insanely delicious dinner for any night of the week.
- 4 (approx 600g) small chicken breasts (or 2 large cut in half)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons plain (all-purp) flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, not packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup Juice of one a lemon
- 1/3 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Slices of lemon and torn fresh parsley to serve
Season the chicken breasts well with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through (see notes).
Reduce the heat to low-medium. Mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of the stock until you have a paste, then mix it back into the rest of the stock. Now pour the stock mixture into the pan to deglaze it. Add the butter, stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
Add the shallots and thyme and cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shallots have softened.
Add the cream and lemon juice and parmesan and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until it reduces by about a third.
Add back the chicken along with any juices it's sitting in and simmer for another minute. Turn the chicken to coat it well in the sauce.
Serve with steamed green beans or Warm Potato and Asparagus Salad.
- Cooking time for the chicken will vary, depending on size.
FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES, CLICK HERE