Don’t you just love mousse? It’s simple, light and fluffy and full of flavour. This Strawberry Mousse Tart is all that and more plus the strawberry mousse is eggless on account of the fact that making anything with raw eggs in it makes me feel icky.
If you love mousse in tart form, definitely try this Chocolate Mousse Tart too.
You might also love this gorgeous Raspberry Mousse.
Table of contents
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get the latest recipes and my All About Chocolate ebook!
I was invited to be a part of a Spring collaboration with strawberries taking centre stage and that’s how my Strawberry Mousse Tart came about. If you have an Instagram account search #strawberriesarethejam to see all the other wonderful Spring strawberry contributions to this collaboration. I know, I know, at the time of writing this it is not Spring where I am but meh! Where strawberries are involved, I’m in.
Strawberry was my favourite flavour anything growing up and all my favourite desserts as a kid were strawberry flavour. My mums Simple Strawberry Flan, those little packet strawberry mousse puddings that we’d have every so often and just simply cut strawberries sprinkled with sugar. If I bought a milkshake, you guessed it, strawberry!
Simple Strawberry Mousse
So let’s talk about this Strawberry Mousse Tart. Strawberry Mousse is amazing on its own and you could use this recipe here to make just a nice little strawberry mousse, but I wanted to dial it up a little and add some texture. Enter crunchy tart base and crispy meringue kisses.
There are a few layers here but each one is pretty simple. This is the type of dessert where you will do one part, then go off and do something else, come back and do another part etc. Each part is fairly quick though so don’t let that scare you off.
- Crispy pastry base
- Thin layer of strawberry conserve
- The third layer is light-as-air eggless strawberry mousse
- Topped off with sweet little meringue kisses and fresh strawberries
How to make mousse
Well, how to make strawberry mousse anyway. I particularly wanted an eggless mousse as making things which have raw eggs in them just get me anxious. I would have eaten loads of mousse with raw eggs in them in my life, but when it comes to making it myself, eggless please.
It comes together pretty quickly actually and you just start by pureeing some fresh stawberries and straining away the seeds. Next, you heat the strawberries over low heat and add some gelatine then stir until it dissolves. Let the strawberry mixture cool down before combining it with freshly whipped cream and voila!, you have mousse. It’s a simple case then of spreading it into the tart shell and allowing it to set.
Strawberry Mousse Tart has Spring written all over it or maybe perfect for a Mothers Day dessert?
Want more mousse recipes? Try these
- Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chocolate Mousse Mud Cake [+ Video]
- Peppermint Baileys Chocolate Mousse
- Eggless Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy Raspberry Mousse [+ Video]
Did you try this strawberry mousse tart recipe?
Leaving a rating and comment below the recipe is so helpful!
Strawberry Mousse Tart
For the Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
- 195 g plain flour (all purpose flour) (1 ½ cups / 6.9oz)
- ⅓ cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 113 g unsalted butter, chilled, cut into cubes (1 stick / ½ cup)
- 2 egg yolks, from large eggs
- ½ cup good quality strawberry jam
- 500 g fresh strawberries, hulled (1.1 lb)
- ⅓ cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatine
- 300 ml whipping cream (10 fl oz)
For the tart shell.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap in a piece of baking paper and sit in the fridge for ½ hour to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / 160C fan forced. Line the base of a 25cm (9inch) fluted tart tin with baking paper.
- Once chilled, roll out the pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to about 3-4mm thick. Remove the top sheet of paper and use the bottom sheet to help you flip the pastry over into the prepared tin, then remove the paper. Gently press the dough into all the corners and make sure the top edges are even. Prick the base all over with a fork.
- Once cooled, spread jam over the base
To make the strawberry mousse
- Purée together the strawberries and sugar then strain into a saucepan to remove most of the seeds. Discard seeds.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the strawberry puree then stir over low heat until the gelatine has dissolved. Place in the fridge for ½ hour to cool.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Mix half a cup of the cream into the strawberry mix. Now gently fold the rest of the whipped cream through the strawberry being gentle so you don’t lose all the air you whipped into it.
- Gently spread the mixture over the tart base. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
Check out some more #strawberriesarethejam recipes
Square Meal Round Table’s Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Pavlova
The Cooking of Joy’s Strawberry Matcha Cream Cheese Tart
This Healthy Table’s Strawberry Tahini Shortcake
Flours in Your Hair’s Strawberry Milk Donuts
The Wood and Spoon’s Strawberry Icebox Pie
Smart in the Kitchen’s Rustic Strawberry Galette
The Herb and Spoon’s Strawberry-Jam Filled Brioche Donuts
My Kitchen Love’s Strawberry Rhubarb Tart
Sift and Simmer’s Rose Strawberry Hibiscus Mille Crepe Cake
What Great Grandma Ate’s No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars (Paleo, Vegan)
Worthy Pause’s Strawberry-Basil Shrub Cocktail
Hot Dishing It Out’s Panna Cotta with Strawberry Jelly
Figs & Flour’s Shrimp Tacos with Strawberry Apricot Salsa
Pie Girl Bakes’ Strawberry Ginger Pie
Crumb Top Baking’s Strawberry Chia Jam Oat Bars
Cook Til Delicious’ Mini Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Ganache
Something New For Dinner’s Watermelon, Tomato and Strawberry Salad with Burrata
A Spicy Perspective’s Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Easy and Delish’s Strawberry Brigadeiros
Plays Well with Butter’s Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese, Grilled Chicken, & Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
Katherine in Brooklyn’s Roasted Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream
The Healthy Sins’ Coconut Flour Crepes Topped with Fresh Strawberries and Coconut Yogurt
Lemon Thyme and Ginger’s Strawberry Basil No Churn Ice Cream
Jessie Sheehan Bakes’ Strawberry Basil Turnovers
Rezel Kealoha’s Apple Cider Rose Poached Strawberries with Thyme Flowers
Made from Scratch’s Roasted Strawberry and Basil Ice Cream
Eat Cho Food’s Strawberry Basil Glazed Donuts
Well Seasoned Studio’s Classic Vanilla Layer Cake with Mascarpone Buttercream and Fresh Strawberries
Farm & Coast Cookery’s Strawberry & Thyme Shortcake
Marianne Cooks’ Strawberry Madeleines
My Berkeley Kitchen’s Strawberry Kale Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
The Cinnaman’s Rose Hibiscus Strawberry Icebox Pie
Baking the Goods’ Mini Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
Fufu’s Kitchen’s Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
What Annie’s Eating’s Vegan Strawberry + Basil Ice Cream
Flotte Lotte’s Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
Rumbly Tumbly’s Strawberry Scones
A Small Kitchen in Genoa’s Italian Riviera Strawberries Salad
Cooking with Cocktail Ring’s Basil Balsamic Strawberry Shortcake
Le Petite Eats’ Strawberry Orange Blossom Tartlets
Just Date Syrup’s Strawberry Date Syrup Oat Crumble
Well Fed Soul’s Strawberry Almond Mascarpone Cake
Food Solutions’ Strawberry Soup (Savory and Sweet)
Champagne and Cookies’ Strawberry & Sesame Whole Wheat Pop Tarts with Strawberry Tahini Glaze
Annie Campbell’s Strawberry Pavlova
Blossom to Stem’s Mezcal Lime Strawberry Pavlova
Cosette’s Kitchen’s Strawberry Shortcake
Babby Girl Yum’s Strawberry Spinach Almond Salad
An Amazing Appetite’s Vanilla Strawberry Tart
Cocoa and Salt’s Strawberry Pistachio Tart
Frosting and Fettuccine’s Strawberry Basil Layer Cake with Strawberry Simple Syrup
No More Mr. Nice Pie’s Fresh Strawberry Pie
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.