Rocky Road is such a quick and easy treat and this version has been given the tropical treatment.
So, what’s your favourite lolly / candy? Ok, I will eat just about anything with sugar in it but my absolute, if-there-was-only-one-lolly-on-earth, favourite is – Allens Pineapples.
I was in the supermarket the other day, perusing the lolly aisle as I’m prone to do and what do I see? A whole bag of Allens Pineapples. One. Whole. Bag. Dedicated to just pineapples. Just pineapples, people. It’s a revelation.
If you aren’t a pineapples fan, you may not see the big deal here. Let me tell you all about it. For years, these sunshiny lollies were only available in the retro party pack of lollies. There was less than a handful in there and it was the first thing I’d go looking for (while no one was looking of course).
Well, anyway, I bought that whole bag and decided that a celebration was in order. A recipe to make those little green and yellow babies shine. And what goes perfectly with pineapple? Coconut, of course ? From there, it was only a skip and a jump to rocky road, and my Pina Colada Rocky Road was born.
I added some marshmallows for softness and biscuits for crunch and the result was dee-lish!
Rocky road makes a great gift too and being nut free makes it a great treat for a kids party too.
This time last year
PINA COLADA ROCKY ROAD
- 450 g white chocolate
- 1 cup white marshmallows
- ½ cup Allens pineapple lollies
- 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon sweetened coconut flakes
- 3 sweet biscuits I used Arnotts Nice
- Line a slice tin (6x10 inch) with baking paper.
- Break the white chocolate up into chunks and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring well after each until melted.
- Place the biscuits in a plastic bag and bang on the bench a few times until broken into chunks.
- Add everything (except 1 teaspoon of coconut) to the melted chocolate and stir well until everything is thoroughly coated
- Pour into prepared tin and spread out a little. Sprinkle the remaining coconut over the top and sit in the fridge until set.