These Peanut Butter Chocolate Peanut Bars are sweet, crunchy and totally morish.
Long name, I know but I really wanted to convey just how much awesomeness is crammed into these Peanut Bars. They’re worth the tongue twister, promise!
It’s fun when I get requests. Number one because it’s a new challenge but also because I know I’m making something that you, my readers, actually want. That’s really important to me. I want to be posting recipes you want to make because that means you’ll keep reading, and in turn I get to keep going with this blog I love ❤ so much. Ok, I’d probably keep doing it anyway ? but it’s much more fun when I know people are actually reading it and trying my recipes.
So please, feel welcome to send me an email or write something in the comments if there’s something you’d love a recipe for. I’ll do the hard fun yards, and you get the recipe. Win, win!
Back to these amazing Peanut Butter Chocolate Peanut Bars. I had a request from hubby’s parents to put these together as they’ve been buying something similar from the supermarket and they wanted to try them from scratch.
Well I’m glad to say this is an easy recipe to make and doesn’t have an overwhelming list of ingredients. Aaaand they taste delicious. Yay!
Crunchy peanuts, crispy rice bubbles and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds for colour, all smothered in peanut butter and chocolate.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Peanut Bars
- ½ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (note 1)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (note 1)
- 1/ 2 cup peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups unsalted peanuts (note 3)
- 1 cup rice bubbles / rice krispies
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 125 g milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F (160C fan forced). Line an 8x8 inch slice tin with baking paper (note 2).
- Put the honey, coconut oil and brown sugar into a saucepan and heat over low heat until smooth.
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl of a mixer then pour the honey mixture in and beat until completely mixed through.
- In a large bowl, mix the peanuts, rice bubbles and pumpkins seeds, then pour the honey mixture over the top. Stir until everything is fully coated. Pour into lined tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool completely, before melting the milk chocolate (30 second bursts in the microwave, mixing well between each). Tip the peanut bar out of the tin and cut into 8 (or more) pieces. Dip the bottom of each piece into the chocolate and then sit them back on some baking paper on a baking tray. Drizzle any remaining chocolate over the tops. Place in the fridge until set.
- Best served straight from the fridge.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml tablespoon
- An easy way to line the tin so that you can get it right into the corners is to lay the baking paper over the bottom of the pan (upside down), then lay a sheet of aluminium foil over that. Shape it to the tin, then flip the tin right side up and slip the shaped sheets straight into the tin.
- You could use any combination of nuts or seeds that you like.
If you like this, you may like these …
This post may contain affiliate links that earn me a small commission for my referral, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Sugar Salt Magic.