Delicious monster size M&MS cookies filled with crispy M&Ms and baked to golden perfection.
I’ve been working on a recipe for these M&Ms cookies for a while and I’ve finally nailed it. I tried a number of different versions but some were too soft, or too flat and others just too crumbly (yep, I’m a modern day Goldilocks, haha). Then I made a few final tweaks and here they are.
I love those massive cookies that you see all stacked up in glass jars on the benches of cafes. Every time I buy a coffee I have to control the urge to buy a massive cookie too. So what the heck, I made these ones massive as well.
I’m a bit of a perfectionist too so, once I have an idea in my mind, I don’t want to post it until it’s exactly right. All those other batches were delicious but just not good enough. These M&Ms Cookies are perfectly loaded with M&Ms. You can thank me later 🙂
A large ice cream scoop is perfect for portioning up the cookie dough for these. They cook until golden and crispy on the outside and the centre stays lovely and soft. I love the combination of textures.
Also, you can use whatever your favourite M&Ms are. I used the crispy ones – again, the texture thing. And the more the better. I think these could handle even more M&Ms and be amazing. M&Ms Cookies are great for the kids to have a go at too. They’ll love scooping up the dough and going crazy dotting the tops of the cookies with more M&Ms.
- 500 g plain (all-purp) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder - (notes)
- 226 g (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk
- 250 g M&Ms (plus extra to decorate)
- Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 180C fan forced (350F).
- Sift together the flour & baking powder.
- Using an electric beater or stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until thick and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until well combined. Finally add the milk and beat well.
- Gently fold in the flour mix until just combined, then add the M&Ms to form a sticky, chunky dough.
- Use a large ice cream scoop to scoop the dough the size of half a tennis ball and release on the baking tray (there should be a gap of at least 2 inches between). Dot the tops of the cookies with extra M&Ms then gently press down just a little to flatten slightly.
- Bake for around 18 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I use a standard Australian 20ml Tablespoon (=4 teaspoons worldwide)