Double the chocolate flavour in these easy to make rich chocolate cupcakes.
Yep. You heard me. Chocolate Chocolate Cupcakes. These are rich and moist, perfect chocolate cupcakes with a dark chocolate buttercream.
You may not have heard me say this before (yeah, right) but I looooooooove cupcakes. Why so much love for these little handfuls of dessert – let thee count the ways….
- Cupcakes are super portable
- You can make them bite size or handful of dessert size 🙂
- They are perfectly portioned meaning no one will need to fight over the bigger slice of cake
- Comes in it’s very own little paper plate / crumb catcher
- There are millions of different varieties and flavours (not that I’ve counted but I’m pretty sure there would be millions). Only limited to your imagination
- Quick to prepare and quick to cook
- They fit equally as well as an afternoon tea or a kids party
- You can dress them up fancy (a.k.a. a nice lemon cupcake with lemon frosting and a sweet little flower on top).
- Or make them dirty (a.k.a. Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes smothered in chocolate buttercream with chunks of mars bar, then all drizzled with salted caramel sauce so that its dripping down the sides) – I think I just drooled a little 🙂
- oh, and they’re just plain yum!
The list goes on ….
In case you’re wondering, my preference is actually Lemon or Strawberry. Something fruity and fresh. So why all the chocolate cupcakes on my blog??? Well, my hubby is a big chocolate fan and not so into fruit so often I make a lot of chocolatey desserts. While I have many, many more flavours up my sleeve that I plan to bring you soon, I can only speak of this amazing Chocolate Cupcake right now.
This is now officially my favourite Chocolate Cupcake recipe. I came up with this one Friday after work when I wanted a quick dessert for guests. It’s winter here, right, so I wanted comfort food (hence the chocolate). In my mind I had this idea that I would take a warm chocolate cupcake, scoop out the top and fill it with a scoop of icecream, then stick the top back on. Oh and then all topped off with hot fudge sauce. So that’s what I did 🙂 And yes it was good.
This chocolate cupcake recipe is all the right things – they turn out moist and rich in chocolate flavour but are very easy to make. Although, I love the flavour of my previous chocolate cupcake recipe, they did have a tendency to be a little crumbly if you cook them for even a second too long. These ones are perfect. They cook for about 18 minutes at 180C. Simple. When an inserted skewer comes out with just a crumb or two, they’re done. And they are still perfect the next day.
These cupcakes hold together beautifully but the crumb is delicate and soft. Like a big, soft chocolatey pillow and who doesn’t want a big, soft, chocolatey pillow 🙂
Without further ado, go forth and bake 🙂